Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Polie's Pie Pizza


    I wanted to share this family favorite recipe with you. I came up with the recipe one time when I just used what I had in the fridge. I used a pie pan instead of a pizza pan too. Surprisingly the pizza turned out to die for. Now I make it all the time and it is my to go to meal when I am in a hurry or when I am out of ideas what to make for dinner. It is super easy, anyone can make it and it takes only 15 minutes bake.  And I mean…who doesn't like home made pizza?! From me to you, enjoy! :)

Serves: 4

Ingredients:

12 oz pizza dough 
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil 
1/2 can diced tomatoes 
1/4 tsp sea salt 
1/4 tsp garlic powder 
1/2 tsp dry oregano + 1tsp for the cheese 
4 cracks of freshly ground black pepper 
3 slices canadian bacon, sliced  
2 slices already cooked bacon, diced  
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated, tightly packed 
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 F. Pour the olive oil in a metal pie pan and spread evenly on bottom and sides. Stretch dough to fit the pan (a little wider than the bottom of the pan. Dough is easier to work with if dip your fingers with some olive oil). Spread tomatoes evenly on top of the dough. Sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, black pepper. Layer canadian bacon and bacon. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese everywhere but mostly in the middle of the pizza. Then sprinkle with parmesan everywhere but focussing on the crust (cover most of the crust). Cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sides are golden brown. 


No comments :

Post a Comment