Thursday, July 2, 2015

Easy Lime Madeleines



French Madeleine cookies are generally served with tea, hot cocoa, coffee and milk in France and the UK. To me Madeleines are not too sweet but complementary to whatever you are drinking. You will be surprised how easy this recipe is.  The ingredients are so simple that you most likely already have them in your kitchen. All you need is a madeleine pan. I developed this recipe so that the outcome would be absolutely perfect! Crunchy and buttery on the outside and soft and spongy on the inside. I love the lime flavor because it is fresh and it leaves a really nice flavour on your pallet. Madeleines are best served right out of the oven or on the same day of baking. You will love these! Bon Appetit!

Makes: 20 - 24 cookies 
Prep Time: 15 min 
Bake Time: 18 min 

Ingredients: 

2 - eggs 

1/2 cup - sugar 

2 fresh limes - zest from both limes. One of the limes juiced. 

3 dashes - salt 

1 teaspoon - vanilla extract 

1 cup - flour 

11 tablespoons - unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly 

powdered sugar to garnish (optional) 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease the madeleine pan with butter. In a standing mixer (you may use a hand mixer too), beat eggs and sugar until just blended. Add zest, lime juice, vanilla and salt. Mix until just blended. Add the flower and beat until blended. Gradually add cooled melted butter in steady stream, beating just until blended. 

Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each indentation in pan. Bake until puffed and brown on the edges (9 minutes). Gently remove from pan. Repeat process. If you'd like dust cookies with powdered sugar and serve. 



2 comments :

  1. This recipe is amazing!
    I've always wanted to make Madeleine cookies and Polina's recipe is the easiest and very delicious. I tried both the orange and lime recipes, but the lime is my favorite. I baked it last Christmas for my neighbors and friends and have continued to make them occasionally since. I always get such great reviews when I make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie thank you for your review! This is the best part of my blog! To hear from people that try my recipes. 😘❤️

      Delete